Monday, April 18, 2011

Palm Sunday

So, if you've never read the story behind Palm Sunday, you definitely should! It's pretty awesome. Jesus enters the city on a donkey and everyone lines up to shout praises for him. He is welcomed with robes and tree branches. A triumphant entry. (Matthew 21:1-11)

Only days later, those same people cried "Crucify him!" Which is crazy to think about. It makes me really angry and reading it made me wonder how something like that even happened. I first attributed it to people just going with the crowd. The bandwagon effect.

But when it comes down to it, aren't we all guilty of this sometimes? We praise Him on Sunday only to reject and crucify Him later with our sins. Maybe I shouldn't use we. I know I'm guilty of this, but I shouldn't assume that you are too. I don't want to judge anyone. I just felt convicted of this today. I look in the scriptures and see people betraying and rejecting and denying Christ, and I feel so much frustration with them, because they SAW Him. And yet, I do the same exact thing. I betray Him. I reject Him with my sins. I deny Him. I love Him very dearly, do not get me wrong. He is my life, my salvation, my song, my everything. I am just not perfect and I know I cannot be.

I don't want to be this way though. We should all strive to praise Him everyday and resist temptations to sin against Him. We should all proclaim Him even when it is unpopular or dangerous. He deserves nothing less. Let this be our prayer and reflection as we experience the Easter season this year. It's not just a Holiday or a cause for celebration. It is a call to remember, glorify, praise, and obey.

in His grip,

Zack

(imported from Tumblr)

No comments:

Post a Comment